Hello everyone, in today’s post I would like to write a few words about micom rice cookers. What is a micom rice cooker? How to use it? And is it worth buying? You will find all the answers by reading this post.
Rice is one of the most staple foods among many countries around the world, particularly in Asia. A lot of times though, cooking rice is not as easy as it seems. Think too dry, too wet or burnt rice at the bottom.
But, thanks to the invention of rice cookers, now, cooking rice is much easier and more convenient. All you have to do is fill the electric cooking pot with rice and water, press a button or a switch and leave.
No need to worry, the rice cooker knows how to cook the perfect rice every time. In just about 15 to 20 minutes later, you can enjoy your rice – nice and warm.
There Are Lots of Options…
There are already a variety of rice cookers available in the market now. From the conventional, basic rice cooker to the advanced and fuzzy logic rice cooker and induction heating rice cookers – rice cookers come in different sizes and styles.
Most modern homeowners prefer Micom rice cookers, and for good reasons.
What is a Micom Rice Cooker
Micom rice cookers first became a household item in 1980’s. This type of rice cooker integrates microprocessor chips for a more advanced control during the process of rice cooking, thus the name Micom, which stands for Micro Computerized.
Through its intelligent microchip, the rice cooker is able to make appropriate adjustments to the temperature and the cooking time depending on the rice variant and other external factors such as the temperature.
The result? The rice tastes better and the texture is just as impressive.
The Advantages of Using Micom Rice Cooker
A Micom rice cooker is equipped with smart thermal sensors. It has the capability to determine the right time needed for pre-soaking of the rice grains and the appropriate time for the steaming process.
This advanced feature basically makes micom rice cookers one of the best rice cookers in the market today.
If you are thinking about upgrading your current rice cooker or you are just starting to learn the art of cooking rice, here are the advantages of micom rice cookers worth considering:
- The ‘Keep Warm’ Setting is Genius! Micom rice cookers has smart ‘Keep Warm’ setting which help to ensure you will be able to enjoy your rice warm and tasty.
- Brown Rice? No Problem! As most of us are already aware of, brown rice is one of the healthiest food there is. It is high in magnesium and good for the heart. But cooking brown rice can be specifically challenging to some. Achieving the right texture can be very difficult. Micom rice cookers offer a viable solution for the brown rice cooking challenge making it a perfect choice when you cook brown rice a lot.
- Optimal Rice Cooking. Micom rice cookers has a diverse rice setting which work best in adjusting accordingly based on the type of rice you cook. And, with it’s capability to cook make fine adjustments throughout the cooking process, it’s no wonder why the flavor and texture of the cooked rice is superb.
- Equipped with other Functional Settings. Most Micom Rice cookers has a setting that caters to other menu such as cooking sushi rice, porridge, rinse-free cooking, quick cooking and even baking cake.
- Energy Efficient. Compared to the induction heating rice cookers, micom rice cookers consume less amount of energy during the cooking process.
The Disadvantages of Choosing Micom Rice Cooker
Meanwhile, the following are the drawbacks of micom rice cookers:
- The Price. Micom rice cookers generally cost more expensive than the conventional rice cooker. Basic rice cooker can cost as low as $20 whereas a micom rice cooker typically cost more than $100.
- Interior to Induction Heating Rice cookers. It is not as responsive to temperature change when compared to the cutting-edge technology of induction heating rice cookers.
Additionally, if you want to ask if micom rice cookers are the most state-of-the-art rice cooker there is, the answer would be no. Induction heating rice cookers got the crown for being the leader in rice cooker technology.
Examples of Rice Cookers Using the Micom Technology
- Cuckoo CR-0631F Rice Cooker. This is in my opinion one of the best rice cookers on the market at around $ 100. It has many functions of rice cooking including very precise selection of softness and stickiness of rice grains.
- Zojirushi NS-TSC10/18 Micom Rice Cooker. Another great rice cooker on my list of top 5 best rice cookers. If you like rice and steam cooking then you should know that this rice cooker has a steaming tray.
- Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Micom Rice Cooker & Warmer. It is a small and handy device but very good in its class. If you are looking for a rice cooker with a capacity of 3 cups of uncooked rice, this is a great choice.
- Panasonic SR-DE103 5-Cup Fuzzy Logic Model. A very good Panasonic rice cooker.
The short video below presents Zojirushi NS-TSC10/18 Micom Rice Cooker.
Are Micom Rice Cookers Worth Every Penny?
Considering the price, it is easy to say that micom rice cookers are premium investments. If you are not a true fan of rice though, you may say that the product cost so much in exchange of well, the rice.
But, true rice supporters will appreciate the fact that micom rice cookers are impressively ‘foolproof’ when it comes to cooking most variety of rice. It goes without saying that, the convenience and the superb quality of rice you can get when using micom rice cookers makes every investment totally worth it.
As you can see, as our technology is becoming more advanced, we are confronted with a lot of options. Even in buying rice cookers, you will be surprised with the number of features and technology you can choose from in the market.
Not that it’s entirely a bad thing, but it only makes sense how things can easily become so confusing. Overall when choosing rice cookers, it is best to choose the one that will best satisfy your needs.
So, have you found the best rice cooker to meet your needs yet? Do you think micom rice cooker is the answer to common rice cooking problems? Why not share your thoughts and comment below?